Last 16th of December, baobab organised a round table together with the Innovation Centre for Logistics and Merchandise Transport (CITET) in which we had three executives from leading companies in the sector.
- Jorge Montero, COO at Sending.
- Mª Luz Cobos, CEO at Transaher.
- Antonio Sánchez, Associate Director at Ontime Logística Integral.
Experiences and visions on how Artificial Intelligence brings operational efficiency and cost savings in Logistics were shared. They talked about topics such as:
- Significant technological challenges of their companies in the short and long term.
- The current importance of applications related to resource planning and process optimisation.
- What level of maturity they are at about Artificial Intelligence, what they are lacking and what types of projects they are launching.
- Strategy for the incorporation of Artificial Intelligence applications in their companies: a combination of internal and external teams, prioritisation by ROI, etc…
The recording of the roundtable can be viewed at:
By way of an “Artificial Intelligence map”, we also talked about different areas of Logistics where Artificial Intelligence can achieve significant savings at the moment:
- Last Mile
- Workforce scheduling
- Vehicle and trailer maintenance
- Warehouses: inventories, picking…
This round table is part of a series of webinars related to logistics optimisation that baobab has organised with different partners:
- Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics in Route Optimisation
- How to synchronise complex routing operations (synched VRPs)
- Supply chain management and prescriptive analytics
- 4 Steps to transform Logistics with Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence in Logistics 4.0
- Warehouse optimisation (I) – Simulation and Digital Twin
- Warehouse optimisation (II) – Prediction and Optimisation
- Logistics after COVID19
- Autonomous Vehicles: A Potential Solution to the Last Mile Problem
- Advanced analytics and transport
- The 10 keywords of supply chain optimisation